Ever get tired of sitting still? Or feel like you need new ways to energize your soul?
I firmly believe that we are most creative when we feel free to express, and so much of our creative energy can get pent up in our bodies.
Episode 23 of She Made It will help you find and release that energy in tangible, practical ways.
I’m so excited to have Lora Wilson, a dance/movement therapist from the American Dance Therapy Association on the show today! Lora is going to teach us to tap into the power of our mind-body connection, and her wisdom is accessible and helpful whether you’re a professional dancer or you avoid dance floors like the plague.
Here are some of the gems that you can listen for in this episode:
- The physical journey Lora went on for emotional healing
- Practical ways you can live in the present and ground through your body
- How to tap into the inherently healing aspects of dance (you can do this in your kitchen!)
- The moment Lora knew dance therapy was for her (and what this means for finding “your thing”)
- Answers to all the questions you might have about dance/movement therapy
- Lora’s advice on how to take a step toward an overwhelming goal
She’s sharing about her work along with tangible, practical ways that you can ground yourself in the present and reap the benefits of dance therapy.
You’ll also get to hear about Lora’s inspiring personal journey that involves making a creative pivot from one realm into the world of dance therapy and incredible physical feats that she’s accomplished in the last few years.
So: Put on your dancing shoes, turn on your favorite song and let your hair down, because Lora will show us a powerful way to supercharge your creativity that you may not have thought of!