You have a choice, and so do I. We can either go through the motions, doing what’s expected of us and taking what’s prescribed for us; or we can live with authenticity and mindfulness, choosing what brings us JOY.
This mindful consciousness is, I believe, the very essence of a creative life.
And this week’s podcast guest is going to give you a new mindset for living in your joy. (And for more on living in your joy, download my guide to Creating a Meaningful Vision.)
Her name is Rachel Roberts, and she’s a world-renowned yoga teacher who leads retreats around the globe, runs her own yoga studio and—get this—even ran for Kentucky state Senate! On this episode, you’ll get to hear:
- How asthma led her to her ultimate life calling
- Why it’s good to be a narcissist
- Why yoga makes us cry (I can attest to this, and Rachel’s answer is fascinating)
- How she balances being both a go-with-the flow yogi and a hard-nosed business person
- Why I made a split-second decision to travel halfway around the world to one of Rachel’s yoga retreats in Bali
- How she knew it was time to close one of her yoga studios and move on
- Why she sold everything, traveled around the world and lived out of an RV
- Rachel’s personal value statement that anchored her in every transition
I actually first met Rachel through Aviatra Accelerators, which is an amazing organization that supports female entrepreneurs. Aviatra has brought me in multiple times as a presentation expert and pitch coach to help with their pitch competitions, one of which Rachel won! That awesome moment is pictured below.
And it all came full-circle when we recorded this episode LIVE at an event that I co-hosted with Aviatra.
It’s always special to do an interview in the same room as my guest, and it’s even more magical when we get to record an episode in front of a live audience!
I also love this episode because Rachel doesn’t make a yoga mindset feel like an unattainable goal—instead, she teaches us how to infuse mindfulness and curiosity into our daily lives, whether or not we’re on the mat. You won’t want to miss this one!
Listen on iTunes, Spotify or Google Play.
And be sure to check out Rachel’s amazing yoga retreats and classes here.