How do you find your voice, overcome comparison and push through self-doubt?
I’m a huge fan, so this was an exciting interview for me.
I discovered Megan Davies on Spotify through her acoustic covers (which you have to hear! her harmonies are incredible) and was so thrilled when she said YES to being a guest on She Made It!
Her insights on what it takes to be a full-time musician are relevant for anyone who wants to do what they love.
In our conversation on episode 49, Megan shares how to find your own style, process and path in a highly competitive industry—while living in a city where the best of the best live and work.
She’s also going to share her journey of following her passion with no backup plan.
Listen in to hear:
- Why you don’t have to be totally original to be successful in a creative career
- The path to making a living as an artist
- Techniques for moving through days of self-doubt
- The antidote to comparison and competition
- Why you need to forget about the big picture (and what you should focus on instead)
- Standing tall in a male-dominated field
- Finding your unique creative sweet spot
- How to get out of a creative rut