Have you ever worried that there were opportunities meant for you that you might miss out on? Or have you ever wanted to make a drastic career pivot but aren’t sure of the right timing to step into something new?
Then I’m so excited to introduce you to my dear friend Ana Andricain on episode 3 of She Made It!
She went from performing as Belle on Broadway to a world-class jewelry artist, and she didn’t skip a beat (or a bead).
You know those people who you can go fifteen years without talking to and then you pick up right where you left off? That’s totally what happened in today’s conversation, and I can’t wait for you to listen in.
Tune in to hear:
- How she used her downtime to create her next career
- How a transit strike in NYC led to the start of Ana’s “accidental business”
- How to be ready at all times for opportunity. Hint: “You’re either ready, or you pretend to be ready.”
- The questions she asks herself to get out of a funk when she feels like she’s had a failure
- How her family who fled from Cuba inspired her artistic passion
- The powerful thing that happened when she heard “no” over and over
- The even more powerful thing that happened when she said changed the direction of her life with three day’s notice
- The magical thing that occurs when she uses her art to tell people’s stories
Ana’s story proves that hard work pays off, that you don’t have to confine yourself to one artistic passion and that opportunity is available to those who prepare and take risks.
She’s also proof that incredible, full-circle moments happen naturally when you give your best and value people and their stories above all else.