What if the inspiration you’ve been looking for is right under your nose? What if it’s in your backyard, in your house, or already in your head?
Not only would that be good news for those of us quarantining at home, 6 feet away from the nearest person to flatten the curve of COVID-19, but it’s exactly what happened to Kendra Kolb Butler, founder of Alpyn Beauty. She chose to trade her bustling Manhattan life for a quieter, more laid back existence in Jackson Hole, Wyoming—or so she thought.
Soon after she relocated, she realized that other women were experiencing the same problem she was, and she found the solution while sitting in her own backyard—literally! (Isn’t that good news for those of us who are sequestered to our own homes and yards right now?
On episode 24 of She Made It, we’re talking about dealing with setbacks, navigating starting a business while having young children and how to find inspiration where you least expect it.
Listen in to hear:
- Why your problems could be a hint for what your calling is
- How to deal with insecurities and negative feedback when you’re starting something new
- Why she decided to make a transition from Manhattan to a quiet mountain town in Wyoming
- Why focusing on your kids less could make you a better mom
- What “wildcrafting” is why it’s the secret sauce to Kendra’s skincare line
Kendra has such a refreshing perspective on transitions, having a symbiotic relationship between motherhood and entrepreneurship, inspiration, risk-taking and so much more.
If you’re feeling the need to transition—or unexpectedly being forced to transition and make changes due to COVID-19—this episode will give you just the encouragement you need.
Find it on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.