Stepping into conversations about race can be uncomfortable.
“What if I say the wrong thing?” many of us worry.
I expected this conversation to be about her personal journey and her consulting business, but instead, it became something much more needed: a frank, open conversation about racism in America and what we can do to dismantle systems of oppression.
And guess what—on this episode, I totally said the wrong thing! But in her loving way, Tonya corrected me.
This conversation taught me so much that I can’t wait to share with you.
Here’s what you’ll hear on the episode:
- How to become more active in anti-racism work
- How to have conversations about race without fear of saying the wrong thing
- What “white privilege” really means
- How to be a part of dismantling racism (even though you’re just one person)
- How Tonya stays grounded when you doing emotionally intense work